June 2, 2016
- Monday June 27th at 7pm Grade 9 Closing
- Young Millionaires Coordinator information is in the office or contact CBDC West Prince Ventures Ltd. Applications are due by June 9
- Boys AA Flag football had a big win over Miscouche last night Morgan MacLeod game MVP with 5 touchdowns.
Thursday June 2nd 4:00 – Girls Softball @ Evangeline
Summer basketball camp in Tignish July 18-22 Information in the office.
Home and School News – June 2016
- Home & School Election of Officers Spring (May or June) is the best time of year to hold the Home and School Associations election of officers. The Federation’s handbook “How to run an effective meeting and more…” highlights how to hold Elections and is online at: http://peihsf.ca/sites/default/files/2015%20%20Handbook%20Revised%20Aug%202015_1.pdfIf you need more help, phone or email the Federation office at: 620-3186 / 1-800-916-0664 / p
English Language School Board
Last meeting: Tuesday, June 24th, 7:30 p.m., Stratford Board Office, 234 Shakespeare Drive,Stratford. More at: http://www.gov.pe.ca/edu/elsb/board_of_trustees/school-board-meetings/
- 2016 School Crossing Guard of the Year Award Congratulations to Shelby McInnis, Souris Regional School’s Crossing Guard,
recipient of the PEI Home and School Federation’s first School Crossing Guard of the
Year Award. You can view photos and the story at:
2016 School Bus Driver of the Year Awards
The Prince Edward Island Home and School Federation will present two School Board DriverAwards in June.
Find the 2015-2016 School Calendar at:
~ Fun Science Learning Experiments: Atoms and Molecules — Help your child learn about the building blocks of matter with these science worksheets that revolve around the teeny tiny atom. http://www.education.com/slideshow/atoms-and-molecules/
Eight extreme science experiments:http://www.education.com/slideshow/extreme-experiments-fifth/
Outdoors Physics Fun: http://www.education.com/slideshow/outdoor-physics-fun/
~ Learning Disabilities Association PEI will be offering three programs province wide this Summer; The Reader Program, JUMP Math and Math Catch Up Camp. Math Catch Up Camp will be for two weeks at the end of Summer to allow students to refresh their memory on math concepts from the grade they have just left. Register at: www.ldapei.ca / (902) 894 5032.