- Any Grade nine’s History and travel students who have money and tickets or need more tickets please see Ms. Rocheleau during the day.
- Wednesday today, Thursday Badminton Practice after school 3:30pm-5pm
- Senior Band afterschool Wednesday till 4:30pm
Home and School News, April 2016
- Still time to register for the AGM & Convention on April 9th
- There is still time to register your school’s delegates for the PEI Home and School Federation’s Annual Meeting & Convention coming up on Saturday, April 9th, 2016 at the Rodd Charlottetown Hotel, Charlottetown. All members are welcome – any parent, guardian, teacher, administrator and staff person. Each Association is asked to designate five of your attendees as your voting delegates.
Delegates are asked to indicate which of the two afternoon workshops they wish to attend. The two options are:
1. Workshopping Different Models For Education = Gerry Hopkirk, Facilitator
2. Atlantic FabLab = Tour at UPEI
Complete registration details are online at: http://peihsf.ca/2016agm
- District Advisory Council Meeting HighlightsThe mandate of the Family of Schools District Advisory Councils is to help shape an education system that is focused on and meets the needs of learners, by advising the Minister of Education, Early Learning and Culture on education matters. Check the department’s website for the list of current members, meeting highlights and upcoming meetings at: http://www.gov.pe.ca/eecd/DAC#agenda
- 2016-2017 School Calendar
The 2016-2017 School Calendar is available for downloading from the Education, Early Learning and Culture department’s website at: http://www.gov.pe.ca/photos/original/eelccalendar16.pdf
This award recognizes school bus drivers on Prince Edward Island for their service in keeping our students safe as they travel to and from school each day. Nominations are due: May 13, 2016
Find the nomination form: http://peihsf.ca/sites/default/files/2016%20%20Bus%20Driver%20%20Award%20Flyer.pdf
and details at: http://peihsf.ca/bus
- School Crossing Guard of the Year AwardThis award recognizes a school crossing guard on Prince Edward Island for their service in keeping our students safe as they travel to and from school each day. Nominations are due: April 29, 2016.
Find the nomination form at: http://peihsf.ca/sites/default/files/NominationForm-CrossingGuard-2016.pages_.pdf
and details at: http://peihsf.ca/crossing-guard-award
Other community news:
– National Volunteer Week 2015 is a time to recognize, celebrate and thank Canada’s volunteers. The week takes place April 12 – 18 and marks the 12th consecutive year for the national campaign. Find more info at: http://volunteer.ca/nvw2015
- – Birds Bees & Pornography: What you don’t know but your kids do…a presentation for Parents & Caregivers by Cordelia Anderson, May 25th, 2016, 6:30-7:45 pm, Rodd Charlottetown Hotel. Contact: email@example.com for more information