February 29, 2016
- 3:15-5pm Boys Basketball AA after school today, they placed 4th for the province.
- Girls A Basketball team lost their two games provincial to Stonepark A and Montague. The girls finished 4th in the province. Makaylee Power was named as a provincial all star.
- Great season for the girls and boys.
- Book orders will be due Monday February 29, 2016 to Ms. Harvey in Room 318
- Yearbook Tuesday March 1st 3:15pm-4:30pm
- Healthy Living group Archery in the gym 3:15pm-4:45pm Tuesday March 1st
- Band Practice Wednesday March 2nd 3:15pm-4:30pm
- Lost and Found Items: There are a lot of items in the lost and found please check in the office.
Home and School News, March 2016 Annual Meeting & Convention
You are invited to the 63rd Annual Meeting & Convention is scheduled on Saturday, April 9, 2016 at the Rodd Charlottetown Hotel, Charlottetown. Please extend this invitation to all parents, guardians, teachers, administrators and staff in your school community. Announce the opportunity to attend at Home and School meetings, in school newsletters, on Facebook, Twitter, blogs and websites. While each member school is limited to 5 voting delegates, there is no limit to the number of attendees otherwise from each school: the greater the attendance, the richer the discussions. More details are being finalized and an AGM Registration package will be mailed to presidents soon. Please register your Home and School’s delegates by March 23. More http://peihsf.ca/content/annual-general-meeting-april-9-2016
- 2016 Proposed Resolutions
Proposed resolutions have been circulated to Presidents. Please discuss these resolutions at your next Home and School meeting. Use each resolution as a springboard for discussion about the topic; then hold a vote, resolution by resolution, to determine how your school’s delegates will vote at the Annual Meeting. Your delegates can vote “in favour,” “opposed,” or they can present amendments. You can view resolutions online at: www.peihsf.ca
- Volunteer of the Year Award / Life Membership
Home and School Associations may nominate an individual for 2016 Home and School
Volunteer of the Year and/or Life Membership in the Federation. Submit nominations by
March 6, 2016 Criteria and details are at: http://peihsf.ca/content/awards
li> Nominations for Federation Board Positions
Home and Schools may nominate individuals who have the necessary qualifications to do the
work of the P.E.I. Home and School Federation. Submit names to the Federation office by March
31, 2016. Nomination form is online at:
- Congratulations to Extra Mile Award recipients
Linda Roach, Kindergarten teacher, Vernon River Consolidated and Kim Crozier, Kindergarten teacher, Queen Elizabeth Elementary were recognized with the PEI Home and School Federation’s Extra Mile Awards during Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week. Details are on our website at: http://peihsf.ca/
Other community news:
* The Community Foundation of PEI is accepting applications for the Steven Turner Memorial, Orin Carver and Christian Gavard Scholarships. Deadline is May 30, 2016. Contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-892-3440 for information and applications.
* Healthy Eating Alliance would like your feedback on its sugar sweetened beverages postcard campaign: Count your Cubes, Stop Feeding off Kids. Go to HEA website at: http://www.healthyeatingpei.ca/reducing-sugar/
For further information, contact the Federation office at 620-3186 / 1-800-916-0664.