February 4, 2016
After school Ski program is canceled today
Tomorrow Feb. 5th is dress in Black and White to Support our Huskies in the basket ball tournament.
- Thursday February 4
- 4pm AA Girls Home Vs. Athena
- 5:30pm A Girls Home vs. Englewood
- Friday February 5
- Boys AA and Girls A teams are hosting a tournament Basket ball Tournament schedule
- Personal Electronic Device Agreements are due to homeroom teachers. Cell phones are not allowed to be used as all forms are not handed in yet.
- PEI Crime stoppers is putting on an Anti bullying contest. Details and forms are in the office. Anti-Bullying Contest
- Forbes will be taking orders for Pink Shirts for the Annual Pink shirt day on February 24th. Shirts are $5 and proceeds go toward supporting children and youth in positive anti –bulling programs.
- Newsletters went home Monday if you need a copy on the website or in the office. February 2016
- Active Parenting.Invites Information.
- HOME AND SCHOOL UPDATE, February 2016
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week (TSAW) February 14 – 20, 2016
Home and Schools are reminded to celebrate all school staff during this week of recognition.
- Annual Reports
Presidents are asked to please submit Annual Reports to the Federation office by: Friday, Feb. 29, 2016. See template attached and online at: http://peihsf.ca/content/template-presidents-annual-reports
- Volunteer of the Year / Life Membership Awards / School Bus Driver
Nominate a Home and School member for the 2016 Volunteer of the Year and/or Life Membership Award by March 4, 2016. Nominate a school bus driver for the 2016 School Bus Driver of the Year Award by May 15, 2016 More at: http://peihsf.ca/content/awards
- AGM – April 9th
Mark the date on your calendar to attend the PEI Home and School Federation’s Annual General Meeting & Convention on Saturday, April 9, 2016, 8:45 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the Rodd Charlottetown Hotel, 75 Kent Street Charlottetown. Everyone is welcome with each Home and School designating five members (parents and teachers) as their voting delegates. Resolutions and registration information will be mailed to presidents by mid February.
- Nominate Officers to the PEIHSF Board
Home and School Associations are asked to consider nominating persons to sit on the provincial Home and School Federation Board. Select individuals who can do the work of the Federation in its advocacy work for all students in the province. See nomination form attached.
* February is Count Your Cubes! month! Heart and Stroke Foundation, PEI, PEI Healthy Eating Alliance and go!PEI will launch a 28-day The Sugary Drink Challenge encouraging Islanders to count and reduce the number of sugar cubes they’re consuming in common beverages like pop, juice, sports drinks and vitamin waters. Sign up for the challenge at: email@example.com Win prizes of a $100 Sobeys gift card and two $50 Indigo gift cards.
Contact Melissa Arsenault at firstname.lastname@example.org or Angela Dawson at email@example.com
* Rick Hansen Foundation – Building inclusive play spaces:
Any group interested in building inclusive play spaces in your school or community, can access a practical toolkit at: For more information you can contact the Rick Hansen School Program at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free at 1-800-213-2131 or Karen Morrison email@example.com
* Grade nine SIS students to pilot new curriculum resource on Indian Residential Schooling From February 16th through April 1st, SIS teachers Darrell DesRoches and Stuart Smith and pre-service teachers Josh McIntosh and Lomeharshan Lall will pilot with social studies students the new curriculum resource Practicing Reconciliation through Education: The History and Legacy of Canada’s Indian Residential Schooling System. Stay tuned for important updates to H&S members on this innovative and Truth and Reconciliation Commission-inspired collaboration between the Department of Education, Early Learning & Culture, English Language School Board, Mi’kmaq Confederacy of PEI, PEI Human Rights Commission, PEI Teachers’ Federation and UPEI Faculty of Education.
- Thursday February 4