December 1, 2015
- Grad proof’s (Due December 1st, 2015) went home , Grad retakes December 7th, 2015
- Anyone wishing to perform in the Christmas Concert please sign up on the music room door. Christmas Concert will be December 16th at 7pm.
- There will be yearbook afterschool today until 4:30pm
- Click here for November 2015 Newsletter
- Click here for Storm Day Notice to Parents 2015-16
- No school for Student on Friday December 4th.
- The cafeteria will be holding Christmas Dinner on Friday December 11, 2015. We will be selling advance tickets only for the meal and the cost is $6.25 which includes dessert. Ticket will be on sale today until Monday December 7th.
- 3:30-Basketball Girls A Practice
- Away Game SIS Girls AA 4pm
- Away game SIS Boys AA 5:30pm
- A girls home game vs. MEC at 4pm
- No Drama Club will be after school today. Note the change
- Band will be after school tomorrow Wednesday till 4:30pm
- Healthy Living group after school tomorrow.
- HOME AND SCHOOL NEWS, December 2015
- 1. District Advisory Councils
What you need to know about District Advisory Councils is posted at: peihsf.ca/councils
The Minister of Education has requested that home and schools select their District Advisory Council representative by December 31, 2015 so that councils can begin to meet early in 2016. Send the name to Adele McLeod, Department of Education by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone to (902) 368-4610.
2. Extra Mile Award
Nominate a school staff person (i.e. teacher, education assistant, custodian) for the PEI Home and School Federation’s Extra Mile Award by January 9, 2016. More details are on-line at: http://peihsf.ca/extramile
Consider issues needing change in PEI’s education system and write a resolution on that issue by referring to our guide to writing and presenting resolutions and to the slides from the Leadership Training Workshop session on resolutions Submit resolutions to the PEI Home and School Federation office by: Jan. 29, 2016. If you need assistance, contact Ghislaine O’Hanley at: email@example.com 620-3186 / 1-800-916-0664.
People interested in joining the PEI Home and School Federation’s Committees listed on our website at: http://peihsf.ca/committees may submit names to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Technology Committee is seeking 2 -3 more reps.
- English Language School Board
Next School Board meeting will be held on December 8, 2015, 6:00 p.m. at the School Board office on 288 MacEwen Road, Summerside
Mark your 2016 calendars: Home and School Annual Meeting & Conference, Saturday, April 9, 2016, Rodd Charlottetown Hotel
Other Community News….
- Brain Injury Association of PEI = Parents/Schools can order bicycle, hockey/skating helmets at wholesale prices for kids through the Brain Injury organization by contacting Ken Murnaghan at: email@example.com
- Education 2020 Award – Nominations are now open for the 2016 Excellence in Education Award. This time, for the nature and extent to which technology is used to enhance learning. Information about the Award, including award criteria, is available on our website education2020.ca.
- Common Sense Media – How to choose great media for your kids! https://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog/8-ways-to-unplug-your-holidays
Best wishes to you and your families for this Holiday season and in the New Year 2016!