Join us on April 21st as the The Prince Edward Island Student Graduation and Transition Planner Project, in partnership with Career Development Services, offers “How to Help Your Child Navigate High School”.
Designing myBlueprint: A Guide for Grade 9 Students and the on-line version, myBlueprint (www.myblueprint.ca/pei), help grade 9 students to move through the career development process by exploring four questions:
- Who am I?
- What are my opportunities?
- What are my next steps and why?
- What is my action plan?
During this two hour session, explore:
- the information and tools provided in Designing myBlueprint: A Guide for Grade 9 Students and myBlueprint;
- ways to engage in career conversations with your child;
- high school pathways and opportunities available to your child;
- community-based learning opportunities available to your child; and
- the realities of the current, evolving labour market and the impact on youth.
The Student Graduation and Transition Planner Project is currently supported by your child’s Grade 9 health curriculum and will continue next year in the Career Explorations and Opportunities curriculum in Grade 10.
The session will be offered from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm on April 21st at Westisle Composite High School. Light refreshments will be provided. Please RSVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate if you plan to attend. We would appreciate the numbers for planning purposes.