- Reminder to parents/guardians that Hernewood will be having a Lock Down Practice Drill tomorrow, Wednesday, October 23/13 at 10:00 am. No one is permitted to enter or exit the building at this time.
- Students must hand in all tickets/money to your homeroom teachers today. If tickets were lost, they will be the students’ responsibility. All tickets must be accounted for. All Hernewood students are encouraged to help sell tickets for our Hernewood Intermediate Fund Raiser. Proceeds from the sales assist with extra-curricular activities, Winter Carnival activities, school dances, etc. Tickets are $5 each and the draw will be held on Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013. 1st prize: $500 2nd prize: $200 and 3rd prize: $100.
- The Boy’s soccer team will practice today (Tuesday) and play a semi-final game at Stonepark on Thursday at 4:00 pm.
- A reminder that there will be no Yearbook meeting today after school.
- If students have photo orders still to pass in, please do so by Wednesday, October 23.
- Boys’ volleyball team plays Callaghan 2 at 4 pm today and have practice on Wednesday until 4:45 pm. There is no practice on Monday, October 28 but a home game on Tuesday at 5:30pm and again on Wednesday at 4 pm. Boys’ zones are scheduled for November 6 (place to be announced) vs. MEC2 at 5:30 pm.
- Join the Western Region Sport and Recreation Council for the Island’s Biggest Game of Hide and Go Seek Tag on Saturday, Nov. 2nd Alberton Exhibition Grounds. FREE family fun for all ages! Get your heart racing and enjoy healthy snacks afterwards. Registration at 6:30, game starts at 7pm. Contact Alison 807-9294 for more information.
- There will be Senior Band Wednesday until 4:30 pm.
- The girls’ soccer team lost to Callaghan last night. Great season girls! Reminder to bring in your soccer jersey and shorts by Friday.