- Note: The softball Provincials have been changed and will now take place tomorrow, June 11th in Summerside. The girls team will be leaving Hernewood at 12:00 pm and will be playing at 1:30 pm.
- There will be a Beach Volleyball Camp hosted by Volleyball PEI Saturday & Sunday; June 22nd & 23rd; 9am-12pm, hour lunch break, 1-4pm at Summerside Beach Courts. The cost is $70 per athlete. Instructors: Andrew Costa (Canada Games Beach Volleyball Head Coach) & Kendal Steele and Alec Parise (Canada Games Beach Volleyball Athletes) Camp Includes: Beach volleyball basics, proper movement in the sand, strategies of offence, strategies of defensive back row player, strategies of defensive blocker player, game play, tournament style competition on day 2,camp photo, camp prizes. To register: Contact Volleyball PEI at 569-0583 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Head Coach Andrew Costa at email@example.com.
- The 18th Annual Seaside Volleyball Camp will be held at Westisle Composite High School from July 1-5, 9-4:00 pm each day. For more information call Cletus Dunn at 853-2554 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling makes its return to the Community Sports Center Sunday June 9th. Doors open at 6pm with the event starting at 7pm. Former WWE superstar Renee Dupree will be in attendance for the high-flying event. O’Leary Recreation is still accepting registration for its minor sports programs this summer. We are currently running a Soccer and Softball program. For more information please call 856-1118 or stop into our office at the Alice Duncan Center on Main Street. We are still looking for volunteers for the under-16 NATIONAL Fast-pitch tournament being held in O’Leary this summer from August 12-17th. This is an unbelievable opportunity to showcase Western Prince Edward Island to visitors from across Canada. If you would like to be part of this event in any capacity please contact Alan Clark at 859-1974.
- Any grade 9 students interested in doing a speech at the grade 9 closing, sign your name on the sign up sheet on the office window.
- On June 17th the grade 9 students will be writing their grade 9 math assessment.