- The grade 9 dance will be this Thursday, May 30th from 5-7 pm.
- There will be a representative for the Young Millionaire’s Program here at Hernewood today (Wednesday) for anyone interested in taking part in this program. She will provide you information about the Program and answer any questions you may have. The presentation will take place on your lunch for 15-20 minutes.
- A couple of weeks ago a pair of brown glasses in a brown case was found on a spare bus # 155. If a student is missing these glasses they are at the Board Office.
- O’Leary’s 31st Annual Run for Light will be held on June 2nd/2013 @ O’Leary Community Complex. For 31 years the Community of O’Leary has hosted this event in conjunction with Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB). Rain or Shine people will walk, run, bike, or rollerblade the 5km course throughout the streets of O’Leary to bring awareness for those with visual impairment. WIN a BICYCLE!!! You have 2 chances to WIN a BICYCLE donated by Greenspot Auto Sales as well as other door prizes that have been generously donated by local O’Leary businesses. Cost: $5 per person or$10 per family. All proceeds will be donated to the CNIB. First 100 people registered will receive a free glow-stick. Feel free to contact the Recreation Department @ 856-1118 with any comments, questions, or concerns
- The Girls’ softball team defeated SIS 15-3 last night. Top batters were Taylor Rix and Sarah Woodside. The girls play tonight in Summerside at 4:00 pm.
- Track and Field practice after school today until 4:30 pm. There will also be a track and field meeting in the lecture theatre at recess. Everyone must attend!
- Hernewood Boys’ softball team defeated Evangeline 16-4 last night. Winning pitcher was Riley Jones. Big hits off the bats of William Tuplin, Jake McLean, and Connor Turriff. Practice tonight until 4:45 pm.