• H&T tickets and money are due today. All tickets must be handed in by today as the draw will be held tomorrow, Wednesday, April 23. Reminder of the manditory H&T parent/guardian and student meeting Wednesday, April 23 at 6:30 p.m. at Hernewood.
• Congrats to our finalist for the Hole in one Challenge” There will be a shoot out on Tuesday at Lunch time in the gym for the following students:Tyler Smith,Morgan Brennan, Ryan Campbell, Dylan Tuplin, Mackenzie Brennan, Sterling MacKendrick,Cameron Milligan, and Derrick Aresenault
• Robbie Williams will be subbing starting today and for the remainder of the year for Morgan Murphy bus #16.
• Senior band members with Flower Bulb orders, give them to Stephanie in the office or Mrs. Ellis today.
• There will be badminton practice tomorrow(Wednesday) after school until 4 p.m.
• Happy Earth Day everyone!!
• Note: There will be no classes for students on Friday, April 18 due to Good Friday and Easter Monday, April 21. Enjoy your time off everyone:)
• H&T tickets and money are due on Tuesday, April 22. All tickets must be handed in by this date as the draw will be the next day on Wednesday.
• Any students that have not passed in their course selection sheets please pass them in to the office today.
• The Easter Seals Ambassador will be here today at 11:45 am.
• Presentations for Heritage Fair will take place today after the Easter Seals Ambassador presentation.
• Anyone wanting to purchase clothing, it will be available today at lunch in the lobby.
• Today is the last day to purchase Yearbooks. They will be on sale for the first 10 mins at lunch in the lobby or while supplies last.
• Brett Oatway will be subbing today for Rodney MacIsaac-bus #127.
Grade 9 students will be writing their Grade 9 Literacy Assessments on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 22 and 23.
• Yearbooks will be on sale for the first ten minutes of lunch only. Yearbooks are over 50% sold, so order now to avoid disappointment.
• History & Travel students are reminded that the next day for submitting any ticket money will be Thursday to the library before homeroom.
• Grade 9 course selection forms are due to the office by Wednesday, April 16.
• The Easter Seals Ambassador will be here Thursday, April 17th at 11:45.
• Congratulations to Evan Phillips who was the Champ of the Hernewood Challenge “Keep the Ball Up”. Evan’s time was 1:35 mins. Great job!!
• To raise money for Easter Seals, tomorrow will be hat day. Cost is $1 and all proceeds will go to the Easter Seals. Thank you for your support!
The grade 9 students will be writing their grade 9 Literacy Assessments this week on Tuesday and Wednesday and again on April 22 and 23.
Note: The Island-wide 2014 Community Access Expo is set to go on Tuesday, April 15th at the Stratford Town Hall from 5pm-8pm.
Each year inclusive agencies and services from across PEI gather at the Expo to provide information about the opportunities they offer. This year over 50 participants will be on hand to provide information on a wide variety of interesting topics. Information includes assistive technology, inclusive recreation options, life skills, day programs, pathways to employment, education and training opportunities, residential options and respite care, advocacy, support, transportation and other programs and services available in communities throughout Prince Edward Island.
The Community Access Expo is inclusive and accessible. Students, their families and care-givers, ELSB staff, and anyone interested in learning more about options available in these areas are welcome to attend.
For further information, please contact Shelley Nelson, Community Access Facilitator, or Alison Campbell, Inclusive Education Consultant, at the English Language School Board at 368-6990.