September 20, 2016
*Reminder to students to be sure to have all forms passed in!!
Student Council Fundraiser
Draw October 19, 2016 Tickets $5.00 Students are ask to sell at least two booklets to help with the cost of student activities throughout the year. The 3rd booklet sold covers the student’s athletic fee.
The Weight Club will be open this week during lunch. Please read over the schedule and the rules on the weight room door.
The student Council is organizing a board game cafe that will available to the student at lunch on Days 2 & 4. Students can take their lunch to room 205 and Ms. Forbes will be supervising.
Tuesday September 20th
- 3:15-5:00 – Soccer – Boys Practice
- 3:15-4:15 – Soccer – Girls Practice
- 4:00 – Volleyball – Girls A @ SIS
- 4:00 – Volleyball – Girls AA @ SIS
- 4:00 – Volleyball – Boys A home vs. Ecole -sur-Mer
Wednesday September 21st
- 3:15-4:45 – Volleyball-Girls AA Practice
- Golf Team at Tournament in St. Felix
2016 Hernewood Golf Team Details
Zone qualifiers: Wednesday Sept. 21 – St. Felix 12:00 pm
Wednesday, Sept 28 – Summerside Golf Club Time TBD
Provincials: Wednesday, Oct. 5 – Avondale Golf Club, Vernon River
(Please note: Must qualify to attend)
Cost – $10.00 / person
Parents must provide transportation to and from the regional events. Carpooling is encouraged.
Please bring clubs, warm clothes, and water.
Any questions – Please contact Miss MacMillan at 902-859-8710
- Senior Band For grade 8 &9 will be till 4:30pm
Thursday September 22nd
- *Collect Terry Fox Pledge sheets and donations; reminder that all forms and donations due on Monday.
- Periods 5 & 6 – Terry Fox Assembly and Run
- 4:00- Soccer – A Girls home vs. MEC
- 5:30- Soccer – AA Boys home vs. MEC (exhibition)
- 4:30 – Volleyball – A Boys home vs. MEC
- 4:00 – Volleyball – A Girls @ Evangeline
- 5:30 – Volleyball – AA Girls @ Evangeline
Friday September 23rd
- Professional Development – No school for Students
Monday September 26th
Logo Contest – Deadline is September 21
There are just a few days left for PSB students to submit their entries in the Public Schools Branch Logo Contest. The Logo Contest will be open to any PSB student with entries being accepted until 4 p.m. on September 21. Student logo entries can be submitted by email to email@example.com or mailed to one of the following addresses:
Logo Contest Committee Logo Contest Committee
Public Schools Branch Public Schools Branch
PO Box 8600 250 Water Street – Suite 201
Charlottetown, PE C1A 8V7 Summerside, PE C1N 1B6
Our Logo Contest Committee will select 5 finalists who will be awarded a pizza party for their homeroom class, sponsored by Domino’s Pizza. The selected 5 designs will be reworked to ensure consistency in presentation and will be displayed on the Public Schools Branch website. Students and staff will be invited to vote for their top choice for the Public Schools Branch logo. Voting will take place electronically on the Public Schools Branch website from October 10 to 21. The winning artist will win a bike, sponsored by Canadian Tire, Charlottetown.